Friday, November 29, 2013

Turkey day

So how did everyone survive the big day. For me I allowed this to be my high calorie day so i could enjoy the festivities and not feel deprived. I did however not eat the things i didn't enjoy when a couple months ago i would have inhaled it anyway. I didn't over eat and i didn't bring home left overs. Thanksgiving day will remain only on thanksgiving day this year and for all the rest of the years to come.

Now on to my new find of the week. I have discovered the difference between steel cut oatmeal and irish oatmeal they are very very different.
Now this is what it looks like before you cook it. So see very different. The texture when its finished is also very different. You have to cook this on the stove and its doesn't seem to matter how long you cook it, it has a little bite to it. Now i don't mind it so much now that i know its not as smooth. It has 150 calories in a serving. Now when you look at the back of the cartoon you'll see a serving is only 1/4 of a cup before its cooked. Well this renders just as much if not more oatmeal as regular cooking oatmeal. I find it very filling.
Also i learned a little tip from http://www.hungry-girl.com/ If you are a volume eater when making oatmeal add extra water and cook it longer. It will blow up your oatmeal more without adding calories how awesome is that.
I think i have mentioned this in a post before but i haven't really reviewed it for you. First of all know i have never found a sweetener besides sugar that i like. They all seem to have some kind of after taste thats gross or they just aren't sweet at all. I can't see how equal or sweetnlow are enjoyed by anyone but thats not really the point. This monk fruit stuff is awesome. No after taste and its super sweet i put it in my oatmeal and warm tea that im learning to like. it has no calories another bonus.
I found these breakfast sandwiches at walmart and they are awesome. look at that only 160 calories for a breakfast sandwich. I paid i think 5 bucks for this and there are 4 sandwich's in there so a good deal low calorie and 10g of protein. 

these also came from walmart there are 8 in a pack and under 4 bucks. I am really liking these fake meat things. they are really filling and have nice flavor. This burger is 110 calories and 10g of protein. I put this burger on that breakfast sandwich for dinner and yummo is really all there is to say. quick easy almost no work tons of flavor and very satisfying. 

Well i guess thats about it for now. I would love to hear about your turkey day let me know how it went. 
As always feel free to share my blog, comment, or ask me questions.

Happy life changing everyone.


3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you and thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hearing about the monk fruit, I've seen it and wanted to try for hubby (He's diabetic) and I but I can't handle the after taste. I think I'll have to get us some.

    ReplyDelete