Friday, November 1, 2013

sticking it out

OK as you all know i was a little discouraged when i weighed in on monday and i only lost a pound however my best friend told me look at a pound of ground burger you lost one of those and so yes that was a helpful visual and i decided that when i began this journey i was going to stick it out no matter what happened even if there were bad days. So i changed a couple things first my weigh in days are now going to be friday mornings cause monday morning is way to close to my high calorie day to be accurate of the hard work i have put in the rest of the week.  Also i am going to use a visual for how much weight the weight i have lost looks like. So even if i cant see the change somewhere on my body i was missing a whole pound of hamburger from some where.
So last monday i was down one of these. Well because i didn't get to discouraged and kept on my path i am down 5 more pounds since monday. Yes you read that right since monday morning i have lost 5 lbs i am so happy with that. It also shows that not giving into temptation pays off. Last night was Halloween and who knows we as parents always pick out a couple of the best candy and eat them ourselves. Well last night i was determined i wasnt going to give into temptation and i was going to leave the fun all to the children. When we got home and the kids were going threw to find all there best candy they starting sharing with there momma who is to old to trick or treat and i gave it back to them. I was so proud of myself there was a time not to long ago i wouldnt have even thought about turning down a peanut butter cup but i totally did. My mom also got Chinese food for dinner which i love and i turned that down as well. I said i have one high calorie day a week and today isn't it so no thank you. She then began to tell me how i would probably be fine to stay in my calorie allotment for the day if i ate thus and so and i continued to decline i wasn't sure how many calories where in it and i wasn't willing to risk going over my calories for the day no matter how great the food looked or smelled. This is all a huge accomplishment for this fat chick. It means i am on the road to healthy i am on the road to breaking these addictions and on the road of self control, self worth, and health i am so excited for whats next for me. OK well everyone have a great weekend and remember if you are eating that candy count it in your plan whatever your plan is. 

Happy life changing everyone. as always feel free to ask questions and share my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment