Thursday, January 16, 2014

Honesty

Ok in the interest of being completely forth coming and sharing my experience so others can get a feeling for what to expect i need to be honest. So in the beginning of this liquid diet thing i was having a really hard time and the hunger was so bad i was in physical pain. So i ate and I shouldn't have given in but i did. I was gonna just not talk about it and act like everything was all rainbows and sunshine but what good would that do you all if i just kept it to myself or myself really. So today is day three of full no eating and just the liquid diet and im doing ok now. I have some suggestions if you have to do this before your surgery. One if you have a mandated special shake to drink like i do don't have it the first shake of the day. At least for me its to vitaminy and it messing with my stomach so i have a regular shake for breakfast and that seems to have helped. Two I have one greek yogurt a day with a very low calorie shake. I found shakes at walmart that are only 100 calories. So with this shake and a yogurt i am still in the guide lines for one shake and it is helping alot. Lastly i have a optifast soup as my last meal. It is warm and seems to help the hunger threw the night. For those who don't know i work night shift which is munchy time so the soup seems to help me with that. Also a shit ton of water this does two things it keeps you hydrated and it gets you peeing all the bad stuff out of your body and sugar free gum it does help alot. Its harder for me cause i have tmj so the gum hurts my jaw but it is def helpful. So i just wanted you all to know where i was mentally with this whole thing. I just want to say if you have a moment like i did hiding it isn't the answer you are then just fat shaming yourself, not holding yourself accountable, and not dealing with the issues. All of which you have to do to be successful in your weight loss journey no matter which route you are taking to get there.

Ok well that is all for now and i hope you all feel free to comment ask questions or share my blog. Todays blog was really hard for me to write and share i really want to be the strong person all the time and be the example well the truth is no one is perfect and we all need help sometimes dont be afraid to ask or share with a close friend that can help you through your moments if you have them.

Happy life changing everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Gillian, why dont you do a reboot? Its a whole heck of a lot better for you than those shakes, and you can drink more, as much as you want all day long. Youll feel healthier. http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/
    Can you only have a certain amount of liquids and foods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. because this is something the doctor has me on before my surgery, i have guide lines to follow and i am following them i don't feel unhealthy its just hard to adjust to at first and its not that long i have 11 days left then my surgery

    ReplyDelete